Saturday 4 June 2011

Coal Tits

There has been a lot of activity at the feeders
recently. The weather has been good, plenty sunshine which has brought out adult birds with their chicks. House Sparrows and chicks were the first to come. The next was a Blue Tit chick, sitting on the gate being fed. Then the inevitable Starlings, causing mayhem and kicking up a din. Starlings came later this year for whatever reason and the chicks appeared more mature than when they first came last year.The other day I noticed a Coal Tit going to the suet block, feeding and then flying towards my front door. Just thought it was perching somewhere convenient to devour the food. This went on for a short time so I thought I would investigate. I look out the window in the direction it was flying and there sitting on the handle of a barrow planter was a Coal Tit chick. This was the first ever Coal Tit chick that I have seen. I grabbed the camera and managed to get a few shots. Post a pic of the adult feeding the chick later.

No comments: