Friday 6 June 2014

Bullfinch Beauty

It's been some time since I last posted but hopefully this will change in the near future. I need to get back onto the walks again and taking the camera with me. Now have Greater Spotted Woodpeckers coming to the feeding station, male and female. Started last Summer but usually only for a few weeks during the breeding season, just before they fledge I think.

One of the most striking birds, in breeding plumage is the male Bullfinch. I have never had any in the garden but there are a few on the riverside walk I usually go on. It is not always easy to get close to get a photo. Usually when you see them there a fair bit away.  I have seen a few over the last few years and managed to get a photo of this one. I'm sure you will agree he is a beauty.

No comments: